- Measures real-time vehicle-trailer weights for safer, easier towing and hauling
- Bluetooth connection provides active readouts on the driver's smartphone
- No-install, plug-and-play setup into vehicle diagnostic port (OBD-II) below the dash
- Weighs vehicle, trailer, cargo, tongue and pin weight and weight distribution
- Approximately 95% accurate
- Offers easy brake controller setup by measuring exact trailer brake gain needed
- Wireless, compact, portable design
- Downloadable app available for Apple iOS and Android OS
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Vehicles with manual transmissions or auto-leveling suspension will have limited functionality
- Not intended for weight certification
- Application: vehicles 1996 and newer
- Weigh GCW feature requires an automatic transmission
- Smart device OS requirements:
- Apple (iOS): 10.3 or higher
- Android: 6.0 Marshmallow and higher, Bluetooth enabled
BetterWeigh™ wirelessly links to your smartphone to display real-time vehicle and trailer weights. It easily plugs into any standard vehicle diagnostic port (OBD-II) under the steering wheel, and uses Bluetooth to connect to your Apple or Android phone. It then sends a live readout of all weights related to towing and hauling, including the gross weight of your vehicle and trailer, cargo, payload, tongue weight, pin weight and weight distribution. This streamlines the towing setup process for any vehicle-trailer combination and promotes maximum safety on the road. The compact, portable design also allows for easy transfer from one vehicle to another.
REAL-TIME TOW / HAUL WEIGHTS DISPLAYED ON YOUR SMARTPHONE
Proper setup when towing or hauling requires knowing trailer weight, tongue weight, etc. Obtaining these measurements in the past has been difficult, requiring trips to the scale, a tape measure, pen, paper and so on. These challenges lead to infrequent and inconsistent measurements, and drivers are left to make assumptions about what they tow.
WHAT IS TOWSENSE™ TECHNOLOGY?
TowSense™ technology is a digital towing scale system. Using an accelerometer circuit, TowSense™ measures changes in the velocity and pitch of your vehicle. It uses this data to calculate weights associated with towing and hauling.
Armed with TowSense™ technology, the BetterWeigh™ tongue weight scale wirelessly connects to your Apple or Android phone to display the weight of the vehicle, trailer, cargo / payload, tongue weight, pin weight, weight distribution and trailer brake gain.
How It Works
Newton’s Second Law of Motion states that force equals mass multiplied by acceleration. Force is determined by measuring slip across the torque converter as the vehicle accelerates. Acceleration is determined by an onboard accelerometer.
BetterWeigh™ uses these properties to calculate the weight of your vehicle, trailer, cargo and more. With the unit calibrated, it can measure real-time weight while driving or at a standstill, and at any upward or downward grade.
3 REASONS TO GO DIGITAL
1. Get peace of mind: With BetterWeigh™, there’s no more guesswork. Whether you’re hitching up a trailer or loading the truck bed with cargo, you can easily decide if your vehicle is overloaded or safe to haul. The BetterWeigh™ truck weight scale is also ideal for 5th wheel and gooseneck towing, quickly and easily measuring the pin weight.
2. Enjoy added convenience: BetterWeigh™ eliminates the need to drive to a vehicle scale or trailer scale to weigh your towing setup. It also eliminates the hassle of using a bathroom scale to measure tongue weight. BetterWeigh™ is similar to heavy-duty on board truck scales. Just plug it in and link to your smartphone, using Bluetooth. The intuitive app is fast and simple to use.
3. Save time and money: BetterWeigh™ sends a live feed of the measured weight directly to your smartphone. This saves the hassle of having to get out and check a physical scale. BetterWeigh™ is also less expensive compared to other tongue weight scales, vehicle weight scales and portable automotive scales.
ZERO INSTALLATION REQUIRMENTS:
1. Plug it in: Plug the BetterWeigh™ vehicle scale into your diagnostic port (OBD-II) below the steering wheel.
2. Pair your phone: Download the free BetterWeigh™ app. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. Then, open the app to connect.
3. Calibrate: Finally, calibrate the BetterWeigh™, using your vehicle’s VIN number. Follow a few simple steps, prompted by the app.
CURT BetterWeigh Mobile Towing Scale with TowSense Technology (OBD-II) #51701
30 Day Returns
Free Shipping: 2-4 Day ETA